Neil Patel has built multiple seven figure businesses including an agency and marketing softwares Crazy Egg and KISSmetrics. He get over 1.1M monthly reader to his website. On this episode he dishes how he did it.
In this episode you will learn:
- Some of the strategies they used when they first got started [07:12]
- How they were able to get big, major clients [08:31]
- How he came up with the idea for Crazy Egg [08:56]
- Why they started KISSmetrics [17:40]
- When to focus on blogging [22:18]
- When you go after the press to try and get covered, don’t go after the top publications right away.
- The way to get people to stay on your product for a longer period of time is to ask them what they want you to build and then build it.
- You will get to your revenue numbers quicker than any other way when you do cross promotions.
- You don’t need a blog to create a business under $10 million. It’s not worth it unless you want to create a business that’s bigger than that.
- It’s okay to make mistakes. Just learn from them and avoid repeating them. That will eventually lead you to do the right thing.
- Join and speak at conferences.
- Design your product and find developers to help you out.
- Market your product and get it out to people who will use it.
- Grow your blog by writing amazing content, building links, building an email list, capturing push notifications and subscribers, and doing it consistently.
- Find all the other similar solutions in your space and do cross promotions.
“Speak at conferences. You speak enough, someone will end up paying you.”
“Reality is you suck it up, you push forward, you either make it or you won’t.”
More from Neil Patel:
14-day Free Trial to LeadQuizzes
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to this podcast! And don’t forget to leave me a rating and a review on iTunes!