Learn how Brad Martineau grew his agency, Sixth Division, by focusing on a single marketing channel, how he productized his services and the innovative delivery method that allowed him to charge premium pricing, resulting in $3M in annual revenue.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- [01:20] What led Brad to start SixthDivision
- [05:10] How they first started getting clients
- [09:35] What it was like for them to sponsor the Infusionsoft User Conference for the first time
- [16:25] How they serviced their clients and deliver results
- [21:42] How they did custom work for clients
- [24:04] How they grew their team and their journey to their first million
- [27:15] How they trained their employees and trusting them to deliver to clients
- [28:58] How they built recurring revenue
- [30:26] How they figured out what to do in order to keep clients for a long time
- [33:04] What are their marketing and sales strategies
- [37:00] How they grew their business while reducing their pace in half
- [38:38] Why it’s important to establish systems
- When you start a business, you have to scramble and you have to hustle.
- Underneath anything that’s custom is a whole bunch of things that have been done a million times before. It’s just how you piece them together.
- You have to define what your return is before you worry about your clients. And that’s going to be monetary, but you also have to consider the time and what your role is.
- Be okay with the fact that your revenue might not be growing but you reduce your pace in half. Grow your business but not at the expense of your life and not at the expense of your family.
- When your business is systematized, you are able to reduce the cost while delivering the exact same thing to your clients. And when you can reduce the cost through systems and tools and processes, everybody has a little bit more room to breathe and be creative.
- When you hit a plateau, the answer is not to shy away or to shrink from the work. The answer is to open your eyes, recognize what’s going on around you, and learn what you need to learn so that you can take the company to whatever the next plateau is.
- Get really clear on what kind of company and what kind of culture you want from the very beginning.
- Make sure your clients are all scheduled out.
- Have systems in place.
“There’s just something really powerful about being able to demonstrate what you know how to do live in front of people. You can build relationships super fast with stages…”
“How you see yourself and how confident you are in your ability to go figure things out in your business dictates whether or not you can actually go figure it out.”
More from Brad Martineau:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Strategic Coach
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t (Rockefeller Habits 2.0) by Verne Harnish
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to this podcast! And don’t forget to leave me a rating and a review on iTunes!